Registered Vat No: GB273984750
Company Number: 10672299
Registered Office, Swedish Metals UK Limited, Access House, 145 – 147 Boston Road, Ealing, W7 3SA, United Kingdom
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit www.gutterwarehouse.co.uk, we collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view and information about how you interact with the site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
When you make a purchase through www.gutterwarehouse.co.uk, the transaction is carried out via Stripe, a third-party payment processor. We are only able to view the last 4 digits of your credit card, which is strictly used to identify the payment and process any refunds if required. For more details on how Stripe uses your card information to process transactions, please click here
We do collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies on your computer or device, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” are used to track actions occurring on www.gutterwarehouse.co.uk, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse www.gutterwarehouse.co.uk.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through www.gutterwarehouse.co.uk, we temporarily collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.” This information is used strictly to fulfill the order.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect strictly to fulfill any orders placed through www.gutterwarehouse.co.uk (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you: screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and, when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services. We may also communicate with you to update you on the status of your order or for any issues which may arise.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site for a better user experience (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with www.gutterwarehouse.co.uk, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Any Personal Information
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use www.gutterwarehouse.co.uk–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please get in touch with us ASAP using the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through www.gutterwarehouse.co.uk), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
When you place an order through www.gutterwarehouse.co.uk, we will maintain your order information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
If you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand www.gutterwarehouse.co.uk.
- Understand and analyze how you use www.gutterwarehouse.co.uk.
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud.
www.gutterwarehouse.co.uk follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies help www.gutterwarehouse.co.uk work better and provide lots of help in the background to make the process of being a customer a lot easier.
Cookies collect information about how visitors use www.gutterwarehouse.co.uk, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and used to improve how our site works.
There are also cookies that allow us to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog.
There are cookies that collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising delivered to you more relevant to you and your interests (see Advertising, marketing and your communications preferences above. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
DoubleClick DART Cookie
Third-Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – you have the right to request copies of your personal data at any time.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the information provided below.
We use Hotjar in order to better understand our users’ needs and to optimize this service and experience. Hotjar is a technology service that helps us better understand our users’ experience (e.g. how much time they spend on which pages, which links they choose to click, what users do and don’t like, etc.) and this enables us to build and maintain our service with user feedback.
For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Swedish Metals UK Ltd., 145-147 Boston Road, Ealing, London, W7 3SA, United Kingdom.